SIF Training: LOTO, Asphyxiant Gases, Confined Spaces
As a result of a serious near miss at one of their facilities, a Top 10 Pharmaceutical Company wanted to enhance their Serious Injury and Fatality (SIF) prevention program by strengthening their internal technical competencies. The Catalyst Group mobilized our global team to conduct Lockout Tagout, Confined Space and Asphyxiant Gas risk assessments at more than 15 of their plants globally. This assessment was followed by regional classroom and hands-on training for their plant HSE and Engineering staffs. The sessions were conducted in 4 different locations within the United States, Europe and Asia. As a result, the client was able to ensure that their global standards were technically accurate and effective and reduce their SIF incident rate by fifty (50) percent.
While our client had seen a significant reduction in their injury rates globally, they were not seeing the same rate of reduction in the rate of Potential SIF Incidents. In response to this trend, they had implemented a SIF Prevention program which enabled them to identify high risk tasks and situations and implement additional controls to further protect their associates. While they had a strong internal training program, they looked externally to identify a global provider who could assist with a thorough review and enhancement of their Global Operating Procedures, standards and training programs, specifically around Lockout Tagout, Confined Spaces and the use of Asphyxiant Gases.
How We Helped
Our global team of consultants from the US, Germany and Singapore met with the client to plan this large project. The objectives were to:
- Conduct risk assessments at a subset of the client’s manufacturing plants against company standards and global industry best practices.
- Review and improve the client’s global standards, procedures and training materials to ensure they were technically accurate and effective.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive, competency-based training program on these same programs.
- Deliver this content regionally to the client’s global plant engineering and HSE staffs. The training was to be delivered in a classroom setting with hands-on field competency checks.
- Develop a “Train the Trainer” program to ensure the effective and efficient transfer of knowledge to all of the client’s associates globally.
The Catalyst Group delivered a total of 6 30-hour training sessions, which included 8 hours of hands-on field work, in the Unites States, Europe and Asia. We successfully trained more than 250 participants and received an overwhelmingly positive response to post-training feedback surveys. In addition to continuing our training in Serious Injury and Fatality (SIF), we currently provide comprehensive services in HSE to this client.
Send us a message:
Fill in the form bellow so that we can provide you with any information you might need, answer any question you might have!